Problems with Flowmaster Thermoswitch on Attic Fan

whitedavidp

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
-brand-
Hello and thanks for any help you can offer...

Years ago we installed an attic fan and it came with a Master Flow 915379 thermostatic switch. Basically my problem is that this is just not accurate. Even when set to 85 degrees, this morning at 7am the fan was running. A digital thermometer in the attic showed 68 degrees. I note that sometimes just moving the setting on this switch the very slightest amount - sometimes just touching the knob with a screwdriver and not even turning - the fan's state will change.

I have never been impressed with these units and I think I have replaced one already. Do these just wear out? Are there reasonably priced alternatives? Maybe something digital and not just a bi-metal spring? Is there some other bi-metal spring based unit that is superior? This is just stupid.

Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
They just wear out. You can pick one up at any of the home centers or Walmart for about $25. I don't know about a digital replacement. If you're looking to replace the entire system you might find something digital. Just do a google search.

whitedavidp

Premium Member
Thanks Rick. I guess you are correct. I am surprised they do wear out. But that seems the case. Cheers

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I really couldn't tell you. I don't recognise the brand but I don't get a lot of HVAC calls, at least not enough to be able to compare brands. Sorry