• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Problems with Kenmore 596.72383411 Fridge is not that cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf579

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Can someone tell make if they know of any video or pics of how to take off vents and get to fan on this fridge Even would like to get to the ice machine on top. I don't want to break the plastic I got the ice of coils but there is probley more I can hear the fan that makes sound when you close the doors Fridge is not that cold. Freezer ok when you open see a lot of cold steam air. Would appreciate any help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Surf579

Premium Member
Hi jake thanks for the info. I took off the some of the vent to the fan part The fan wasn’t iced up but the rest was So I defrosted it over night and then just put back together and tried it out. Because I did notice that it all started when I over packed the freezer So I went away on vacation came back it seemed to be ok the fridge was ok . I had the fridge set to 37. But I was even lower the thermometer I had in there said 32 I was like wow. Thought the doors not being open and that was why even better.

Now 3 days that we are home and it is going up to 40 and even going higher when I open freezer there is a lot of moisture because it is Smokey Oh the condenser was not frozen when I came back but now three days later it is starting to freeze. So I guess I got the replace the fan. But can I change that without taking everything off just right at the condenser part or no I will say you know what your talking about. I also got to fix the ice problem but one at a time. When I open fridge there are no blinking leds by the ice holder in left door. Nothing at all even when I press the switch in on fridge

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have not worked on these newer Kenmore 596 models made by Amana, so you will have to follow the instructions in the service manual, the same as I would be doing for the first time, they have changed the design of these from when I worked at Sears.

Jake

Surf579

Premium Member
Ok I changed the evap fan and waiting for the temp to go to 37 on fridge guess it takes a while it is just above the 40 something line thanks for the info Jake. Oh Does anyone know if the LED’S for ice machine on door on thAt same model are suppose to light up or blink. Because when I open door I see nothing happening No red light blink or any on the LED lighting up Anyway Thank You again JAKE.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.

You did unplug the refrigerator before you replaced it?

Note: The Optics LED light will only be on for the first 5 minutes after power is cycled.

Jake

Surf579

Premium Member
Yes I did unplug the fridge before I put the evap fan And it it now running at the temp 37 So thank you jake.
So for the LED’S so I have to unplug again for what 10 sec ,then I look at the LEDs and see how they blink , ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unplug the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes, then plug it in, then the LED will only be ON for the first 5 minutes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good, that's fine.

Jake

Surf579

Premium Member
So if that is ok then what can I check next to find out why I am not getting ice I also know that there is no water getting into the tray. And when I went to fix the evap fan the fridge was defrosted so the water line isn’t frozen.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Yes, this is the new design LED optic boards, I have the troubleshooting procedure for these new design LED optic boards, but it doesn't list your exact model.

So the best thing to do is look for your tech. data sheet, it should be located behind the bottom kickplate grille, OR under the right side hinge cover, then once you locate it there should be a troubleshooting/diagnostics section that will tell you how to troubleshoot your LED optics and ice maker.

Let us know what you find.

If it fails the ice maker test and shows that the "motor lost position, IM didn't find home during harvest and exceeded max attempts". Then you'd need to order and replace the ice maker.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order:
WPW10764668 Ice Maker Assy-Lp

Let us know how you make out.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

This ice maker is called the Low Profile Ice Maker, the troubleshooting tech data sheet is in post #5 here: KRFF707ESS No Ice Production

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It should hover around 37 degrees if its set for 37 degrees. Do you have a liquid or digital refrigerator thermostat, that you can buy at any store, to compare it too?

Jake

Surf579

Premium Member
Yes, I put one in Thermometer that is for freezers and refrigerators it is a cheap one put was always good. Last few days in the blue area that is 37.

It is now making ice and cooling perfectly. I really appreciate your help in fixing it Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, it seems back to normal then, my refrigerator does the same thing set at 38 degrees, it goes lower at times, goes higher at times, but always averages 38 degrees.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.