PSC23SGRBSS No Ice / Water dispensing - weird display temps - replaced water dispensing board

Jimkari

Premium Member
Model
PSC23SGRBSS
Brand
GE
No Ice / Water dispensing - weird display temps - replaced water dispensing board No Luck!

I have a GE Arctica side-by-side refrigerator that is operating very strangely. The water dispenser started working intermittently and the ice dispenser stopped all together. I also noticed the temp displays for the refrigerator and freezer reflect some very strange temps such as -47 for the freezer and -0 for the refrigerator, despite the fact that the temps of the food seem very normal.

I replaced the filter, checked the freezer door switch, and the limit switch that is activated by the dispenser flap. All seem good. I also pulled off the trim panel on the bottom front of the refrigerator and checked the wire connections on the freezer door for corrosion. Everything looked good.

I did replace the water solenoids about a year ago when they stopped working. Not knowing what to try next, I replaced the water dispensing panel / circuit board. This still did not solve my problem. Some times when I push the water dispenser flap I can hear what I believe is the damper door moving in the refrigerator.

I'm thinking it might be the main circuit board, but since my first shot at replacing a circuit board didn't work, I hate to try another without seeing if anyone has a little advice for me on whether the symptoms suggest the main board is likely the issue.

Thanks for any suggestions you are able to offer.

Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jim,

Its the motherboard that's bad, seen this many times on my service calls. If you ordered that dispenser board through our site you have 365 days to return it for a full refund, less shipping.:)

Here's the motherboard for your model you can order(Video Included):
WR55X10942P Main Control Board

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Jim.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake