• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PSCS3RGXCFSS GE refrigerator some light hot

Bikerbill7

Premium Member
Model Number
PSCS3RGXCFSS
Brand
GE
This is a GE PSCS3RGXCFSS. Opened the refrigerator door and the dome light was not on. I touched the dome cover to remove and check the bulb, and the plastic dome was very hot. I didn’t realize there are 2 additional lights near the pullout drawers. All 3 lights were out. I depressed the right-side wall switch a few times with no change. The heat at the dome cover is very concerning.

A few minutes later, I opened the door and the lights are on and the dome is cool. A few minutes later, I open the door, and the lights are off with the dome hot again, and then a few minutes later, it was ok. This happened one more time.
I pulled the dome cover and took out the working light. The 2 “tray” bulbs stayed lit.

This “lights out, hot dome” thing hasn’t happened again in the past 24 hours. I put the bulb back in just now without the dome cover and am monitoring this.
I can’t think of what would cause this.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It seems like you have a intermittent door switch problem, if the contacts in it are sticking intermittently, that can keep the light bulb on when the door is closed, thus that dome shield is hot.

Did you check your door switch on the Fresh Food(refrigerator) side?

Look at this thread:

Here's the Fresh Food(refrigerator) side door switch for your model:
Light Switch WR23X23343

Jake

Bikerbill7

Premium Member
But, the light was off when I opened the door and the dome was hot. At that time, I flicked the door switch, by the Fresh drawer, and the light wouldn’t come on. Here we are, 48 hours later, with no dome in place, and the light has stays lit whenever I open the door. I just flicked the switch again and it operates correctly.
When the lights were out, I couldn’t get any of the interior lights lit using the switch. Later, when the door is open and the lights are on, I can’t get them to stay off with the switch “closed” (door open).
I think the switch is the suspected culprit because all 3 lights were out.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it does sound like the door switch is the culprit.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.