• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PSHF6TGXBDBB GE refrigerator - ice bucket beast stopped dropping ice.

ctwarr

Premium Member
Model Number
PSHF6TGXBDBB
Brand
GE
The auger jams on ice, the Ice Dispenser Bucket Drive Cup (#355) is basically being mashed up. I notice the auger can slide forward and back some and so can ice dispenser helix (#357). When I try to dispense any kind of ice it make loud clunk noise and shakes the refrigerator. From 5+ years ago I replaced the auger because the old one drilled a hole in the front of the bucket and the drive cup as well. Since the ice bucket filled up a lot I saw there was a replacement feeler arm WR49x10103 to stop icemaker when bucket is full.

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
.... it make loud clunk noise and shakes the refrigerator.
Something is worn out. Probably one of those parts. Back and forth play is normal.

ctwarr

Premium Member
Something is worn out. Probably one of those parts. Back and forth play is normal.
thanks I was going to rebuild bucket vs buy $200 at GE but Amazon had $134. imagine ebay cheaper but tired of messing with it and no time for this thing other note this is a great refrigerator though. one maintance call for continues running and heating up the kitchen turned out to bet bad control in board that had a recall on it.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
FWIW: We've seen a lot of problems with appliance parts from Amazon and eBay