• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED PSHS6PGZBESS GE Profile side by side fridge water fill leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardr01

Premium Member
Model Number
PSHS6PGZBESS
Brand
GE
I have a GE Profile PSHS6PGZBESS refrigerator that has the water in the door leaking. I replaced the water inlet valve with a GE Replacement. The leak is better, but not fixed. I looked at all the parts diagrams I could find. Went through all the parts on the door that includes the water feature. I can't see any other parts that can be replaced.

Does anyone know the flow of this system from the inlet valve to the dispenser? I'm hoping there is some other valve or something that needs replaced.

Any help is appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The only water inlet valve for your model is located in the back of the refrigerator. You may still have air in the lines causing a little drip, draw 10 glasses of water from the water dispenser and see if it stops dripping. If not, disconnect the water dispenser side of the water tubing line from the water inlet valve and see if it still drips directly from the water inlet valve itself, if so your water inlet valve that you ordered is defective.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:

Jake

cardr01

Premium Member
Thanks Jake I'll try that. Is the water dispenser side the clear or black line?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its the CLEAR line.:)

Jake

cardr01

Premium Member
HELP! New valve installed and it still leaks. Took the front electronics and dispenser apart, but there's nothing there except the white tube coming out of the freezer. Does anyone have diagrams of this system, or have other ideas? Something has to be broke or worn out......

Thanks,
Doug

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Doug are you seeing the leak directly from the water inlet valve before it goes into your tubing to the front?

Jake

cardr01

Premium Member
Jake,

No, from the dispenser directly. Doesn't happen for every cup full. It's intermittent.

Attachments

• 20211231_143236.jpg
    20211231_143236.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20211231_143216.jpg
    20211231_143216.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 62

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That doesn't make sense, because the water comes from the water inlet valve then to the water filter, then to the water tank, which is located inside the refrigerator section, then to the water dispenser.

Here's the parts diagram:
#790 is your water filter, have you replaced it recently?
#810 is your water tank

Jake

cardr01

Premium Member
Jake,

Happy New Year!

I agree, I don't have a filter in the fridge. I have one when the water comes in the house. So I have the block off plate that came with the fridge in there...

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Doug

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Happy New Year Doug!

If its not leaking from the water inlet valve directly, then you may a problem in the water tank, I remember a service call like this I had in the 1990's and I was puzzled as well, so my lead tech at the time told me to order a new water tank and that fixed it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Doug sounds good, keep us posted.:)

Jake

cardr01

Premium Member
Jake,

I think that fixed it! I'm not holding my breath, but so far so good. I didn't understand in the beginning how this could fix it. Thinking about it more, if it has a crack in the top section where no water is that will let air into the system which will let it drip at the dispenser!

Thanks for your help it's much appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it didn't seem logical to me either, but I remember it did FIX the one I had just like this in the 1990's.

Glad to hear its not dripping anymore, I believe you are back in business.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.