• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PSHS9PGZBCSS GE 29.1 Side By Side Refrigerator - Controls have gone haywire!

dgohmert

Premium Member
Model Number
PSHS9PGZBCSS
Brand
GE
Hello all. I am new here. I have a GE Profile 29.1 Cubic ft Side by Side, model PSHS9PGZBCSS. I got it in 2013. It has been a rock solid fridge until recently. About 2 months ago the icemaker started getting condensation on the delivery snout inside. I noted that the door flapper was not sealing completely. It looked like it had developed a curl on the plastic seal, so I trimmed it and reassembled it and all was well.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. We would go to get Ice and the temperature controls would start to flash at us. We could wait a while and then it would work again.

Today however, its gone totally berserk and just flashes zeros in blinking and scrolling patterns. I cannot adjust or set or use anything. I tried unplugging it to reset but no luck. I think they fridge is still cooling, but Im going to have to keep an eye out.

So, my question is what could be wrong and how do I fix it? Is it the control board itself? Could it be related to the flapper door issue a month ago? Maybe I reassembled something incorrectly? Or could the flapper door issue have been a precursor to this? The solenoid seems to actuate fine. Its just a spring that closes the flap and it wasnt strong enough to do the job right it seemed. It seems to coincidental that both issues happened like this independently of each other.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you so much

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd.

Could be condensation in the dispenser board, dry it out real good with a heat gun and see if it keeps working.

Get a flashlight and shine it down through your ice chute and see on the other side if you have light coming out from the ice dispenser door.

If you see light, you will need to order the door with seal for your model, you can order it here:
WR17X11653 Ice Door Assembly

Jake