• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PSI23SGNAFBS GE Side by Side Refrigerator Control Panel Display Assembly

Mase_53

Premium Member
Model Number
PSI23SGNAFBS
Brand
GE
I have an older GE Profile Side by Side (Model PSI23SGNAFBS) and recently have encountered problems that I've traced to the front control panel. I checked and the panel is receiving 13+ volts from the main control board. I get no response when pushing the Ice and Crushed Ice buttons (they don't light up) and no ice is delivered. The light above the water button is on but no water is delivered from the spout. The Light button and Lock Control buttons operate normally. The front control panel on my unit is 197D4576G012.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The front control panel on my unit is 197D4576G012.
That's a manufacturing number. The correct part number for your machine is WR55X10298 and as you correctly stated it is no longer available. There are no substitutes.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Did you try disconnecting then reconnecting the connectors on the board? This sometimes works. If you can locate your tech sheet, you can check the communications between boards. It should be the same J4-2 -J4-3 on all three boards. ( not positive). This kind of problem can be caused by a wire harness issue. Look for pinched or almost broken wires.