• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED PT925SN GE Profile built in - F9 Oven cleaning latch. How to bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhwimmers

Premium Member
No I dont think I have done that...Is there just 2 contacts on it and I just need to see if there is continuity between them? If so thats bad and needs replaced?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You need to do that. Be sure to remove at least one wire from the switch when checking continuity Make sure power is off to the machine.

rhwimmers

Premium Member
Ok here is the sail switch (which has been removed from the oven for a while now and we also get the f9 EVERY time, so I think thats a good sign we've at least got the right part).
As shown below I ran a continuity test with one wire plugged in - my multimeter shows 1 and if I touch them together i'll get 0 (or vice versa), regardless, NOTHING changes on the multimeter when touching the two terminals on the sail switch. Power is off, and doesnt matter which wire is connected to what terminal, no changes on multimeter.
I'm not sure what this means though... And FYI Doing the Product Test and pressing "help" I definitely get high speed, low speed, and off and the fan is working just fine with those tests.

THANKS for all your help, really trying to get this thing running before the holidays!

rickgburton

Staff member
If the sail switch checks good you'll probably need GE to take a look at it. It seems to be an intermittent problem and there's only so much you can do online. I'm not sure where to go from here.

rhwimmers

Premium Member
When my meter is in continuity mode its on "1", if I tough probes together ill get numbers and then to "0". This does NOT happen when testing the sail switch, it just stays on 1 the whole time. Confirming that means its good? I tried just using a piece of wire to connect the + and - (bypassing the switch) and oven clicks as if its starting but doesn't so I guess I can't just bypass it.
At least now its consistently F9 about 30 seconds into any/every cook (with OR without the switch even plugged in), whereas before sometimes it would get warmed up partially or fully first.

rickgburton

Staff member
You need to activate the sail on the switch. If the switch shows open (1) then move the sail and the switch should click and change to closed (0)

rhwimmers

Premium Member
Duh...well I feel dumb! Hooked up probes and meter stays on 1 when moving the sail back and forth. It does click and make a noise that it's doing something, but no change on the meter at all. Touching probes together directly does indeed change from 1 to 0 so I know the meter is doing what it should. Here is a pic of the side of the sail

rhwimmers

Premium Member
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! The oven is finally working! So blower motor and sail switch finally got the f9 to go away! Well, it preheated which it hasn't been able to do so I turned it off so I could put back in cabinet, will do full cook tomorrow.
Thanks again for all the help!
Happy T-day!

Status
Not open for further replies.