FIXED PT9550SF4SS GE double convection wall oven F60 and F63 error codes

Jdsmitty10

Premium Member
Model Number
PT9550SF4SS
Brand
GE
Hello all. New to the forum. I have a 3 year old GE double convection wall oven that is giving me error codes. One says “upper oven F60” and the other says “lower oven F63”. Can anyone tell me what parts I need to fix this issue? I can’t seem to find much on either code on the net.

Took the front panel off and checked wires/connections with no luck and also turned power off at breaker a few times with no luck. From what I found so far I may need an oven control board. Is there anything I can take apart and clean/reconnect before purchasing parts?

Thanks Jon

Jdsmitty10

Premium Member
Thank you for the quick response. That says to check the harness and connections of j700 and j5 on the user interface. What exactly do I need to check/replace? Sorry for the noob questions

Jdsmitty10

Premium Member
Thanks I found that but following that diagram j5 seems to be mislabeled on the board as j8. From what I could tell all connections are good an everything is pointing toward a new oven control board. Communication error to upper and lower oven

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

F60 indicates a loss of communications to the UPPER MACHINE CONTROL, check connections and harness on J700 and J5 on the UI(User interface)

F63 indicates a loss of communications to the LOWER MACHINE CONTROL, check connections and harness on J700 and J5 on the UI(User interface)

Does the User Interface touch buttons respond at all when you press any buttons?

It would seem to be more of a User Interface problem if that was the case, its highly unlikely both the UPPER MACHINE CONTROL and LOWER MACHINE CONTROL go out at the same time.

This looks like your User Interface for your model: WB27X29601 Control Board and Overlay Asm White Led

Jake

Jdsmitty10

Premium Member
Yes the buttons work. I can press clear to make the codes go away but they come back a couple seconds later. Both boards have a red flashing led for the upper and lower machine control see pic. So this seems to all point toward a bad control board?
4898F05F-1CA9-4EB1-9116-5A4385E39A88.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Both boards have a red flashing led for the upper and lower machine control see pic. So this seems to all point toward a bad control board?
A red flashing LED says that's normal in your service manual.

It would seem to be more of a User Interface problem if that was the case, its highly unlikely both the UPPER MACHINE CONTROL and LOWER MACHINE CONTROL go out at the same time.

Here's the User Interface board for your model: WB27X29601 Control Board and Overlay Asm White Led

Here's the UPPER MACHINE CONTROL: WB27X21657

Here's the LOWER MACHINE CONTROL: WB27X25553

Jake

Jdsmitty10

Premium Member
I did see somewhere in the manual to replace boards without flashing leds first so to me that indicates those two should still be good. GE offered to sell me the control part for $60 so I am going to go with that first and see if it fixes it. If not then I will get into paying a tech to come out.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What control part? The USER INTERFACE?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jdsmitty10

Premium Member
figure I will have 80 in a diagnostic visit so I might as well spend $60 on what I think is the bad part lol. With LED's flashing on the other two possible boards it seems it will fix. Keeping my fingers crossed. Need to bake some Christmas cookies this week.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

scotth1979

Premium Member
your lucky smitty, I have a CT9050SH1SS and it is giving me an F60. I replaced the Control Board Part#WB27X29602 and didn't work then the ASM #Part #PD00052381 and that didn't work. I am an inch from buying a new oven Still getting the F60, everything appears to work but the control panel won't let me use anything. Light comes on when you open the door and you can clear the code and start to set the clock or something but the moment you try to actually warm the oven bang an F60 pops up. An F60 also pops up if you do nothing and just wait about 20 seconds. Anybody got any ideas?

scotth1979

Premium Member
Just ordered the board with the J700 connection on it so hopefully that fixes it. Wife is getting impatient after 2 months without an oven.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member