• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PT956SM1SS GE Built-In Oven - Oven Light will Not shut off, convection fan will not turn on

chrislea2

Premium Member
Model Number
PT956SM
Brand
GE
I have a GE profile double convection oven. The top oven light will not shut off. I push the button and I hear a click from the display but the light will not turn off. The convection fan does not work. Also, when I press the "self clean" button for the top oven, the door does not lock and the oven will not self clean. The bottom oven and all of its components work fine. The panel display works fine as well. No error codes. I assume that some of these things may be related. Any help on what is going on would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your door latch assembly has the door switch button on it as well, its all one part. Check to see if that button is stuck, try to push it in and see if it comes out on its own.

Here's the door latch assembly for your model, see the black button next to the metal silver latch lever:

GE WB14T10071 Latch Oven Asm

Let us know what happens.

Jake

chrislea2

Premium Member
Jake:

I have pushed the button in and it pops right back out - no different than the bottom oven - which works fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Then its either going to be the main control board or the daughter board, but without the wiring schematic I'm not able to assist you. So it would be best to have GE come out.

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Parts for GE PT956SM1SS: Control Panel Parts

#16 is the main control board

#46 is the daughter control board

Jake