• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PTS25LHSCRWW GE Refrigerator - Compressor not running

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Model Number
PTS25LHSCRWW
Brand
GE
I have a Ge fridge with freezer on top that is not cooling. The compressor isn't running but all other fans and lights work.

The compressor windings ohm out normally. I am not getting power down to the relay and overload. I just replaced the main control board but still can't get the compressor to turn on. I'm not sure where to look next.

Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I just replaced the main control board
Measure the voltage across J11 and J7-9 This is supply voltage for the entire board. If your meter indicates 120 VAC measure the voltage across J8 and J7-9 this is compressor voltage.
WR55X10942-1.jpg

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Thanks! I am headed back out there in a few days to take a look. So if I have supply voltage to the entire board getting 120v for the compressor voltage, is there anything between the board and the relay/overload other than wiring where the voltage could be lost?

Brianswensen

Premium Member
I'll show my findings if you want to add to it for anyone who may run into this issue in the future. The board is sending correct voltage according to Rick's diagram above. Down at the compressor I am getting 120v from black to white and 120v black to orange.

Attachments

• Fridge1.jpg
    Fridge1.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 24

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If your getting 120 volts at the compressor start relay, then you either had a bad compressor start relay or bad compressor. Did you Unplug the refrigerator, then ohm test the compressor start relay?

Take the wires off the relay, Then remove the relay from the compressor and put your ohm meter probes in the 2 parallel holes of the relay, you should get a 3-12 ohm reading.

Here's the compressor start relay for your model:
Manufacturer's Number: WR07X10055

Jake

Brianswensen

Premium Member
No problem at all!

The compressor ohms out ok so that should be all good there. I am getting 120v to the overload. When I go from black on the overload to white or orange on the relay I get 120v. White or orange to ground I get 0v.