• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

FIXED Push start no turn, no heat and no cooling fan.

bandsdean

Premium Member
Model Number
SMH9207ST
Brand
Samsung
First time post. I choose a time, push start. I hear relay(s) click, inside light turns on. Plate won't turn, magnatron won't heat, and cooling fan won't turn on. I wrongly assumed some of the Main Control Board relays were bad so I replaced the MCB with no help. A diode was mentioned. Where is that located. Any other ideas? Thanks

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

bandsdean

Premium Member
I think we have a fix.

Bottom most switch shows open at all times. Ordering switch P/N SZM-V16-FD-63. Hopefully it wasn't something else that killed the switch.

bandsdean

Premium Member
FIXED. There were 3 switches. The failed one was the bottom most one. $10.00 switch. Thanks for your help.