• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PVD28BYNBFS GE Profile Refrigerator - Ice maker not getting or staying cold

CrzyMonkey

Premium Member
Model Number
PVD28BYNBFS
Brand
GE
Hello, I have a GE profile 4 door fridge with ice maker in the left door. Model PVD28BYNBFS. Our ice maker quit making ice, actually the Ice maker quit getting cold, there is water in the ice maker just that it doesn't get cold enough to freeze the water. I assumed it was the ice box fan in the lower freezer that blows that cold air up to the door, however I replaced that and verified that it did spin when the doors were closed ruling out door switch issues.

My next hunch is that it is the thermistor in the ice box but it does not have a connector to unplug. Before I cut the wire to check it with an ohm meter Im just wondering if there is something else I should be looking at other than what i can only assume would be the control board. I also dont have the technical manual to know how to put the fridge into diagnostic mode.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I wasn't able to locate the tech. data sheet for this model, but all refrigerators come with them, look in the upper right side door hinge cover or behind the bottom kickplate grille.

Here's the ice compartment thermistor for your model:

Jake

CrzyMonkey

Premium Member
Thank you Jake. Any idea what kind of ohms I should be expecting to see on that thermistor?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry, I don't.

On the older GE models it was 16.3k ohms when the thermistor was put in ice water, waiting at least 5 minutes before ohm testing it.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.