• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PVM1870DM1WW GE Profile 2007 No Power At All

Simmie

Premium Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2018
Messages
1
Location
North Carolina
Model Number
PVM1870DM1WW
Brand
GE
Age
More than 10 years
I just replaced the Magnetron and the Diode and now when I plug it up there is no power at all.

Circuit breaker checked and it is working fine.

Any idea why there is no reaction to the new things, was working fine until the last magnetron died.?
 

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
24,726
Location
Ontario, Canada
I just replaced the Magnetron and the Diode and now when I plug it up there is no power at all.
One of the 2 fuses, noise filter board, thermal cut off on the base, thermal cut off on top of the oven cavity, magnetron thermal cut off, power cord, house fuse/breaker.

jeff.
 
Top