• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Question About Diverter Disk - KDFE104HWH0 KitchenAid Dishwasher

KSHomeowner987

Premium Member
Model Number
KDFE104HWH0
Brand
KitchenAid
The lower spray arm of my dishwasher is not turning.

I get plenty of water flow through the upper sprayers.

I ran the diagnostic and got NO error codes. However, immediately after running it and carefully removing the sealing cap, the diverter disk was off the shaft. It was definitely on the shaft before I started the diagnostic cycle because I made sure it was in place (I have suspicions about the diverter being the root of the problem).

The disk is not stripped in a rotational way (once you slide it down the shaft it does not spin freely). Is it possible for one of these disks to strip in an up/down direction? What could cause it to pop off?

Diverter area is clean/no particulates causing this.

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The disk is not stripped in a rotational way (once you slide it down the shaft it does not spin freely). Is it possible for one of these disks to strip in an up/down direction? What could cause it to pop off?
Either the diverter disc is worn out and keeps popping off, or the diverter motor shaft is worn out and won't hold it in place anymore.

Does the diverter disc look worn out(wallowed out in the middle) where the diverter motor shaft connects to it?

If so, then just order the new diverter disc:

If not, then order the new diverter motor, it comes with a new diverter disc:
W10537869 Motor

Watch this video below, it shows you how it clips in on the shaft: https://www.repairclinic.com/Repair...id-Dishwasherdiffuser-Replacement-Wpw10476221

Start reading at post #12 here:

Jake

KSHomeowner987

Premium Member
Thank you, Jake! The disk does not look worn out.

If I replace the diverter motor, Do you have a video on how to do that? I need to know how to remove the old one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, click the link to the diverter motor I posted above in post #2 and you will see a video of how to remove the old one and install the new one.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.