Quiet Partner III Doesn't Drain - Dead

Ed Abbey

Premium Member
I bought a house two years ago with a newly replaced dishwasher. Off an on over the two years, the motor has made humming noises occasionally. I checked the chopper and it has always been clear. Yesterday, I went to start it up and noticed an inch of water standing in the bottom. I checked the drain and hoses and everything appears to be clear. But I've noticed that I can't start it up and I don't get any lights to light up. Is my control board shot? Is there a safety switch that has tripped that needs to be reset? Any suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Whats the model# of your dishwasher?

Jake

Ed Abbey

Premium Member
More Info

I spent some more time looking things over last night after putting the insides back together. I checked underneath it looking for a reset switch of some kind but couldn't find one. I checked all the wiring harnesses to see if anything looked like it had shorted and couldn't find anything that looked abnormal. It did have power coming to the machine but none of the buttons light up and none of them respond when I push them. I checked the line going to the disposal and it was free of obstructions but full of water.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

It sounds like your thermal fuse is bad.

You would need an ohm meter to check it for continuity.

Here is the new thermal fuse kit for your model:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fuse kit with wire harness and instructions[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Always use new wiring harness.[/FONT]​

Here is an online manual to help you access that thermal fuse thats located in your console:
https://secured.whirlpool.com/Service/SrvTechAdm.nsf/2cd44500d572193285256a45004fd9d6/52521bdbd0ef763c85256cbc00520548/$FILE/8178022.pdf

Jake​

Ed Abbey

Premium Member
Just to let you know Jake that it ended up being the control board. I was able to diagnose it with that tech manual link. Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Ed for letting us know that the control board was the problem.:)

Here is the control board for your model in case others need to order it as well:
Control Board

Jake

appliance hack

Premium Member
Standing water and no pot and pan cycle

I bought a house two years ago with a newly replaced dishwasher. Off an on over the two years, the motor has made humming noises occasionally. I checked the chopper and it has always been clear. Yesterday, I went to start it up and noticed an inch of water standing in the bottom. I checked the drain and hoses and everything appears to be clear. But I've noticed that I can't start it up and I don't get any lights to light up. Is my control board shot? Is there a safety switch that has tripped that needs to be reset? Any suggestions?

I have a 5 or 6 year old Whirlpool TUD5700EQ2. Recently, the Pot and pan cycle quit working. No water no drain. I could start it on the normal cyle and it ran fine until yesterday. Now, everything works as before except the pump doesn't engage on any of the cycles. No noise from the machine at all except for the timer during the drain cycle. Then, because the water evel is up, it begins the wash/rinse cycle
I thought I would ask some one before I took the thing apart. Any suggestions?

Kmay64

Me too! I have a DU930pws. Still has water in the bottom and no power.
What should we do first??? Husband is NOT happy camper!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like your thermal fuse thats located in your console went out, you would need an ohm meter to test that for continuity.

Set the ohm meter on Rx200. Take the wires off the thermal fuse then ohm the thermal fuse, normal would be 0-1 ohms. If your ohm meter reads nothing then its your thermal fuse thats bad.

Turn the breaker off to your dishwasher first!

Just unscrew the console screws and you'll see the thermal fuse thats snapped onto the control board.

Here's the thermal fuse for your model you can order(You must use the new wiring that comes with it):
Manufacturer's Number: 675813

This link will explain how to use an ohm meter to check for continuity:
http://www.applianceaid.com/electric...ting_tips.html

Jake