Quiet Partner III GU2500XTPS7 ???

Todd01

Premium Member
:confused: Everytime we try to use our brand new dishwasher it seems to take an awful long time to go through the process. When the timer gets to 44 minutes left it stalls and doesn't go any further. It is still running, but the timer doesn't go down. I read the guide and it says that if the water isn't hot enough it will take longer, so I bumped up the temp on my water and it still gets to 44 minutes and doesn't go any further. I have only had the dishwasher for a week, and I only tried to use it a couple of times. Is it broke or am I doing something wrong. Please help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Try running the hot water at your sink just before you start it. If your water heater is a long way from your sink/dishwasher the first water will go in cold.

If that doesn't work, try turning the water/rinse heat booster option off. Then run a cycle.

If that works, then you may have a faulty sensor thermostat. You would then call Whirlpool for a tech. to come out for free to fix it under warranty.

If nothing works, You could have a loose wire off somewhere, and you could still call Whirlpool for a warranty service call or have the store you bought it at exchange it.

Jake

Todd01

Premium Member
Thanks for your help. I had to have a repair man come to the house. He was here for 5 minutes. When it was hooked up, they connected it to the cold water instead of the hot. Nice job plumbers.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ahhhh, In my 19 years of appliance repair, I have seen 3 dishwashers hooked-up to the cold water side.:eek:

I guess 3 out of a few hundred ain't that bad, but it should be 0.:D

Glad that was the only problem Todd!:)

Thanks for the update.

Jake