Range indicator lights

corvairbob

Premium Member
does anyone happen to know if anyone makes a 120 volt neon or led panel mount lamp that flashes or blinks when turned on? i want to change out the lamp that turns on when i turn on a cook element. the one that is there does work but i would like to get on that flashes to grab more attention. thanks

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I've never seen such a thing used on a major appliance. Maybe you can adapt something from some other type of product? I don't happen to know any that use such a thing either.

It will also depend on the size and style of the indicate used and how it is mounted on whatever make and model of appliance you're dealing with.

Dan O.

corvairbob

Premium Member
they have these on machines in shops but they are the standard 1" mount hole. i was just hoping that some here may have come across that type of lamp and could give me an idea. it may be just possible they just do not make them.

thanks dan for the help. bob p.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
If you find any kind of machine that uses a possibility, get its brand name and model (and possibly its serial) number and you can see if they're available.

Dan O.

corvairbob

Premium Member
by machines i meant machine that are in factories. when i was a machine repair man worked on those lots but never gave it a second thought of grabbing one out of a junked out machine for the future. but then they are a bit large on the backside and having 1" on the front of the stove is a bit much. i will keep looking and see if i can locate something. or just get a larger unit like 3/8" front end and instal 2 so they match. thanks

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I though you might be referring to coffee machine or mixer, even in a store or restaurant.

If you find a light that might be suitable on anything, try to get its identifying information to track down its parts.

Good luck!

Dan O.

corvairbob

Premium Member
yes i know that, what i'm referring to are factory machines that make parts like punch presses and such. i was a machine repairman for 40 years and had my hands on hundreds of them but never took one home. never figured i had any use for one of them.

i see plans on how to make one but i was hoping that someone had a handle on one that is all done and ready t install. so i may just get the parts and build one. again thanks for the help dan.

bob p.