FIXED RB215LABP Help with a Samsung Diag Code

Paul_Tx

Premium Member
Model Number
RB215LABP
Brand
Samsung
Hello all,

I've got a Samsung RB215LABP that's giving a code I can't fully decipher from the service manual (U-ART Telecom LED plus the top LED of the fridge digit).The only indication I get from the manual is that it's the fridge fan, but it's working and fridge is cooling fine. The repair that's needed is in the freezer. It's not freezing properly. The temps per the display vary wildly--sometimes in the 20s, occasionally in the teens, rarely in single digits.

FYI, I've replaced the defrost DA47-00095E and temp sensors DA32-10105R in both compartments lately, so those are unlikely culprits.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Paul, Here's the parts diagram for your model: Samsung Refrigerator RB215LABP Repair Parts

Yes, you are correct, the service manual for this model is very vague on how to read the error codes on this model.

What I do is check the evaporator coil frost pattern when I have a "not cooling properly" problem. Normal frost pattern is a thin layer of frost on ALL the coils from TOP to BOTTOM.

Look at these photo examples here:
(click to enlarge)
Frost Patterns.jpg

Jake

Paul_Tx

Premium Member
Thanks for you help, Jake. When I recently installed the thermal fuse and sensor in each compartment, the evaporator coils (fridge and freezer) were iced up exactly per your images. After a thorough defrosting and installing the parts, performance returned. But still seeing the error code had me wondering if there was something else I've missed. The freezer, although erratic in temperature readings, does seem to be working adequately--at least for now. Maybe it just needs some practice with its new parts. :)

BTW, as a technical writer of many years, it chaps my hide when I encounter poorly written documents or poorly explained procedures such as found in the Samsung Service Manual. Writing is rewriting, people! Hire a good tech writer!

Thanks again, Jake.

Paul

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I agree 110% Paul,

Their manuals are the worst. A computer translated it to english from korean and quality control dropped the ball.:disgust:

Jake