• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RBS245PDB6 Whirlpool built in oven TROUBLE with buttons

Pfeher

Premium Member
Model Number
RBS245PDB6
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a whirlpool RBS245PDB6 built in oven. Having issues with buttons. Hit the temp up arrow is goes up, hit temp down arrow it goes up. Can only set time up, not down. Any suggestions?

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model Number rbs245pd86

The model number is likely RBS245PDB6

I can only see either the keypad being defective or the electronic control itself. A replacement keypad (which only came attached to the control panel) is no longer available. The electronic control is discontinued too. If found to be the cause, the electronic control might be able to be sent away to be repaired.

I'd first suggest you try turning off power to the oven for a minute or two to see if the control might 'reset'. If that doesn't change the functioning, someone could try reseating the ribbon connector where the keypad connects to the electronic control. There might be a bad connection.

If the oven's wiring diagram shows the keypad switching matrix, someone might be able to confirm proper functioning of the keypad using a meter although it think it malfunctioning in the manor your described is fairly unlikely in my experience.

Dan O.