• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RCA MTX21GISSRWH Ice Maker

friarbarb

Premium Member
Model Number
MTX21GISSRWH
Brand
GE
I have a RCA Refrigerator, model MTX21GISSRWH (maybe a GE distributed by RCA?) with an ice maker. The ice maker has stopped functioning. It appears that no water is getting into the ice maker, and the last batch was just half sized ice cubes.

Any ideas of how to track down the problem?

Thanks!!

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

22 models start with those digits....the rest is?
Where is my Model Number? | Appliance Aid

The ice maker has stopped functioning. It appears that no water is getting into the ice maker

Appears or is not? Ice makers can quit is many different ways, if not filling with water most will still go through the motions but not fill. Icemaker should sent 100-110 volts to the fill valve for approx 6-9 seconds near the end of the ice makers cycle....has this been checked?

jeff.

friarbarb

Premium Member
OK. Found the model number inside the refridge section of the...refrigerator...it's

MTX21GISSRRWH

It appearing not to make ice because...it's not.
No water filling into the tray.

I haven't tested anything, because I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks

Robert

ps jeff....love the avatar with Snoopy.

jeff1

Staff member
MTX21GISSRRWH

1 too many R's...I got MTX21GISSRWH to work for me.

I haven't tested anything, because I'm not sure where to start.

How the ice maker has quit is the place to start.

Sitting there dead. Going through the motions but not filling. Stuck part way through a harvest.
Lift the wand arm on the side of the icemaker, wait and hour and go in and lower the arm...hopefully the icemaker will start and run....you can view the icemaker...does it fill, does it just run and go around with nothing else happening, etc.
if not filling we start with "Icemaker should sent 100-110 volts to the fill valve for approx 6-9 seconds near the end of the ice makers cycle." We place a volt meter on the 2 fill valve wires and let the icemaker run to see if it sends power to the fill valve.

jeff.

friarbarb

Premium Member
Ok, lowered the wand arm after waiting on hour. The ice maker is still not filling with water. No activity at all.

So, where is the fill valve located? Is there a schematic available on the internet?

Thanks,

Robert

jeff1

Staff member
The ice maker is still not filling with water

Icemaker should sent 100-110 volts to the fill valve for approx 6-9 seconds near the end of the ice makers cycle

No activity at all

Sitting there dead then.
Where the icemaker plugs in at the back freezer wall...check for 120 volts AC there...power there and no movement from the icemaker = new icemaker time.

Ice-Maker-Assembly-WR30X10093-00698628.jpg Replacement icemaker kit, electronic. 4 pin round plug-in connector, 6 post plug-in connector, fill cup and tube included in kit. Manufacturer Number WR30X10093

jeff.