Recommendation on a new range/oven....

CFDBattChief

Premium Member
Over the years I have come to rely on this wonderful forum for help with repairs on my appliances several times. I am always impressed at the generosity of those who are watching these threads to help others. So, I thought it might be a good place to ask about recommendations on a new electric range/oven. We currently have a Kitchenaid slide in electric unit (KESA907PSS00) that is about 16 years old. I have replaced a heating element, and am currently in need of a 3rd touch control panel due to 2 of the numbers on the keypad not working. Considering the age of the unit and having to spend $200+ on a new screen panel, I was thinking it may be time to just replace the unit.

I am looking at the LG LTE4815ST thinking that having a double oven would be nice. This unit rates well on Consumer Reports, but I am more interested in hopefully hearing from some folks who repair oven/ranges about what your thoughts are on the LG product I have in mind, or should I consider some other model or manufacturer. It has to be a slide-in unit, and longevity and performance are important to me. Thank you to anyone in advance who could take a moment to help me with this.

CFDBattChief

dashriprok

Appliance Tech
I've been a TV & appliance serviceman for 42 years and would advise you NOT to purchase an LG electric range. We have a higher incidence of repair with LG ranges and the parts, if available, are expensive. I suggest you look at what General Electric has to offer as their cooking appliances have been tops for many years. Consumer Reports reviews new appliances which ALL typically work. They don't review 3 year old appliances or evaluate repairing a 6 year old appliance which is a reality I deal with every day of the week.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
@dashriprok GE also has many service bulletins on the cooling fan problem, you can look at our GE Range/Oven forum and see that.

Ever since GE appliances was bought by a company from China named Haier in 2016, quality has been cheapened to say the least.

All us techs here recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, and Amana appliances across the board.

Jake

CFDBattChief

Premium Member
Jake,
Thank you for that information, as well. It is very helpful for me in order to hopefully make a wise decision on brand. I may just spend the $200 or so on the part I need now, and table this decision for a later time because I have had good service out of my Kitchenaid stove, and it has been easy to get parts when needed. I appreciate you being here to help us all out.

CFDBattChief

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.