Red Wire Came Loose and now the control panel won't work

Supraceo

Premium Member
Model Number
FRA126CT1
Brand
Frigidaire
Model FRA126CT1 While attempting to clean the unit a red wire that leads into the control panel disconnected :wall:. I can't figure out where or how to reconnect it. Any suggestions? Please see the attached picture. (Bought the unit almost 2 years ago)

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If that red wire connects to the anion generator ionizer, the other end is connected to P5 on the control board. If that red wire is connected to the fan motor, the other end is connected to P2 on control board. If that red wire is connected to the compressor, the end is connected to the NO terminal on the RY6 relay on the control board.

I have this exact issue, but can't find any help anywhere on the Internet. So the red wires goes to the P5 slot. But I have no idea where the other end is to go... Where's the anion generator ionizer plug in? The AC unit won't turn on. Wondering if this is the cause. The Display works, but nothing else. It worked before I opened it.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Katherine, start a new thread. This one is five years old. Be sure to fill out the field for the model number so I can look it up.