• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Reduce Ice Maker Output

khefron

Premium Member
I've got the following ice maker in a kitchen aid side by side.

But no directions came with it. I want to reduce the output of ice...its making too much and before the bar can be lifted, all the ice sort of falls out the back onto the shelf. Anyone know how to reduce output?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Whats the model# of your refrigerator? Its located inside the refrigerator section on the upper walls or ceiling.

Did you just install a new ice maker in it? or did it come with your refrigerator? The sensor bar should be up slightly resting on the ice in the ice container bucket, thus will stop the ice maker production till you use more ice and the bar lowers.

If the bar is resting on the ice and still its overflowing, then either the bar is not in place properly in the module you posted above or the module is bad.

Check the bar where it goes into the module and make sure its all the way in, push hard.

Jake

khefron

Premium Member
Kitchenaid icemaker follow up.

Hi Jake....will be out of house for extended period but leaving fridge on for my daughter. I replaced the ice maker with part # 4317943 FSP Appliance Care Products and its making ice fine just too much. There are two bars with the unit and I used the one that extends down the furthest so it would turn off the fastest (if that makes sense) but doesn't one of the screws on the face where the cog wheel is adjust the cycle even more?

tks,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
but doesn't one of the screws on the face where the cog wheel is adjust the cycle even more?
No, not possible.

You have the match the bar size with the original one, did you do that?

Jake

khefron

Premium Member
Bar Size

:)Well...I'm not sure. But can't do anything about it at this stage. Thank you for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok glad to help, If you or someone gets a chance to check the original bar size, just see if it matches up.:)

Jake

khefron

Premium Member
Sorry Jake...while I was cleaning out old stuff I came across another wire bar...this one with a white plastic piece about three/four inches wide that swivels on the bar and seems to "reach" down lower as a result (or I should say extends further "out" into the ice bucket. The Kitchenaid side-by-side model is KSRB27065501 from around 1996 or thereabouts. You don't happen to know if the orignal model had a bar/plastic piece as described above? From now on...I'm tagging everything.:)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure if the original model had a bar/plastic piece, but it sure sounds like thats the one you need to put on there.:)

Jake