• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Refridgerator keeps shutting off

Prkungfu2

Premium Member
Model Number
Gss25sgpe
Brand
GE
I have a ge refridgerator its a side by side with the water and ice dispenser. My problem is every 20 minutes the digital climate control shuts off it goes black and then it doesn't cool neither does the freezer. Every time I walk by the fridge I have to push the cool button so I can keep my food cool. I have no idea what the problem is and any help would be nice. Thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Prkungfu2

Premium Member
What would cause the mother board to go bad and whatever it is would it cause it to short out again

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
That's a good question and I'm glad you asked. Read this service flash and see if it pertains to your model.GE side x side refrigerators with plastic liner and electronic control, if the motherboard is replaced, the evaporator fan motor might need to be replaced also. The reason is, several of these models had defective DC fan motors and/or thermistors if they were attached to the motor. Moisture got inside one or both and caused the motherboards to fail. Replacing the motherboard and not the fan motor resulted in another bad motherboard in a short amount of time.

Attachments