• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Refrigerator GLRT182SAQ2 Water drip - drip tube configuration, drip pan

Topstom

Premium Member
Model Number
GLRT182SAQ2
Brand
Frigidaire
Water drips from the panel (inside refrigerator section) underneath the freezer compartment. There is a drain line that exits refrigerator section through back panel. I understand it winds down to bottom of refrigerator where there is a drip pan (drain pan) non-removable.
IMG_1828.jpg
The image is taken by removing the front access panel. The drip panel is black plastic with a corragated pattern. The drain tube is shown clearly making a "U-turn" and is discolored to the left.
IMG_1828 (2).jpg - the stainless reflecting panel is UP and the BLACK drip pan is down.

Is this tube defective? Is there supposed to be a clip to some portion of the drip Pan?

Thanks

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I can't tell from your photos if water is in your drain pan, if you see no water in the drain pan then you have a clog in your drain line.

Check for a clog in the drain spout and drain line.

Here's the parts diagram for the console that mounts to your refrigerator section ceiling:
(click to enlarge)
R0403007-00004.jpg

#17 Shows your control console assembly, if you notice the back of it has a little spout on the end, that's your defrost drain, Take out the 4 screws that hold it up then check it for blockage.

#12 and #13 are your air diffuser parts. The console #17 just lowers down, once you remove the 4 screws #81 from the refrigerator section ceiling.

Make sure your defrost drain hole/line is completely clear and run something down it, then pour some bleach down it.

I use a evaporator cooler spider snake to run down that defrost drain hole: http://www.azpartsmaster.com/Products/Cooler-Spider-Snake__CLR4690.aspx

They are used basically in Arizona to clean out the water pump tubes that run to the cooler pads.

I don't know if they would sell them in your area, but if you go to your local hardware store, they should have something similar to run down your drain to clean it completely out.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Topstom

Premium Member
I replaced the Defrost Timer - 215846602. Videos on the web show how to replace, although I did have a difficult time disconnecting the old timer from its mate. After powering up the timer was in defrost mode. I did observe some water in the drip pan after the defrost interval, so I'm confident there is no blockage in the drip tube.
I'll let you know how it looks tomorrow . . .