• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Refrigerator side cool but not cold Frigidaire FFHS2611PFEA

Tim5055

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHS2611PFEA
Brand
Frigidaire
Freezer side is fine, FF side cool, but not cold. Keep getting hi temp alarm on the FF side. Frozen foods solid as a rock.

Reading thru previous threads, I'm guessing the first thing to look at is the damper and assume I pull this panel. Sadly, I'm at a place with mionimal tools, (I picked the wrong tiome to travel wiothout my tool box.

Anyone know what size the nuts are to remove the panel?

Once I pull it, what should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1660235218967.png 1660235419627.png

Tim5055

Premium Member
OK, I put it in Service Mode and ran the "5" damper motor tests

I did hear the fan come on

Both test A and B had a flashing 4 and C was "E"

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Tim5055 said:
I'm guessing the first thing to look at is the damper and assume I pull this panel... Anyone know what size the nuts are to remove the panel?

According to the repair video at the link below, 1/4" nut-driver will be needed to removed the housing screws. Hopefully yours will be the same.

LINK > FFHS2611PFEA Air Damper 242303001 (w/repair video)

Dan O.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Both test A and B had a flashing 4 and C was "E"

I don't have access to the tech sheet to know what those mean.

Dan O.

Tim5055

Premium Member
If I'm reading the provious problems with this model corectly, it tells me thh damper door motor is bad. Test A & B are opening and closing the damper. C will error if either A or B fail it seems.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Tim5055 said:
it tells me the damper door motor is bad.

I'm glad it was able to determine the culprit but you might want to physically check it first in case some frost or ice got in there and is just jamming it.

Dan O.

Tim5055

Premium Member
Thanks. That was why i needed the nut size. A buddy came over with tools and we will pull it apart in the morning to verify

Tim5055

Premium Member
Well, it tokk a trip to Home Depot to get a 1/4 nut driver long enough for the back screw. Pulled it apart and cycled the damper door open and closed by hand. No ice/frost on the outside, but who knows is some was inside where you couldn't see. Put it back together and I feel air moving and no errors yet. I'll give it a few hours to see wheat happens.

Tim5055

Premium Member
Well, it appears the damper is bad. Overnight the temp in the FF side is 25 - 30

So it appears with me manually opening the damper, plenty of "cold" from the freezer, but it doesn't close to regulate the temp. It would be nice if I can find one locally tomorrow in Ft. Lauderdale.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
@Dan O. should be back shortly, but yes I agree the damper motor assembly is the culprit.

I doubt any appliance parts stores will be open on a Sunday, most are open on Monday through Saturday. Or you can order from Dan's link to it above in post #3.

Jake

Tim5055

Premium Member
I actually found a place open today in Ft. Lauderdale which is my next stop to see friends. They have one and I'll pick it up Monday and stop back by here Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks for the support!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tim, sounds good. Let us know how it goes.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.