FIXED Relay questions (Kenmore Coldspot 106.59502990)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noncomjd

Premium Member
Yes, #15 & #16 are the same part numbers, just order 1, you don't need 2.

You can order it here, much less expensive:

Jake
Thanks for confirming it for me; ordered it from the place you suggested.

Thanks again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome, keep us posted.

Jake

noncomjd

Premium Member
Your welcome, keep us posted.

Jake

First: Delivery from the site you recommended was great. Ordered Sat, delivered today (Tues).

Installed the parts, plugged in the refrigerator, within 2 hours, freezer cold and had ice.

One question: The kit came with a white wire jumper wire, since the original setup didn't have one, I didn't even attempt to install. I hope this was correct.

Jake: I can't thank you and this forum enough. :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, good job, you shouldn't need that jumper wire on yours.:)

Jake

richatlien

Premium Member
Same problem--couple of questions

ok, so my overload, relay, and run capacitor are removed. The relay and overload are badly burned, and some burn marks on the run capacitor. A little welding action on to a compressor prong (i plan on sanding this down). Local shop wants 150 for OEM relay kit + OEM run capacitor. Compressor isn't grounded according to the multimeter, and reads around 9.3, 5.8, and 3.8 on my multimeter.

1. Are these good readings? I read somewhere that the two smaller readings should be close to equal to the other.

2. Does the relay kit replace the capacitor as well so I'm only out the cost of the kit? (is that the 3 n 1 thing that was mentioned above?)

3. Replacement capacitors (non OEM) have 210 VAC (mine has 180VAC). Does that pose a problem even though they say it is a replacement for my model (repairclinic has two capacitors listed)? The cheaper 210vac is also a different size than mine.

Kenmore coldspot, 106.41212101, 22SSa,

Thanks, Richie

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Richie,

Yes, those compressor readings are fine.

The relay kit replaces just your relay not the capacitor as well.

Here's the relay kit for your model you can order here(Read the instructions very carefully that come with it, very easy):
Relay and Overload Kit 8201786

Here's the capacitor for your model you can order as well:
Run Capacitor WPW10662129

Jake

richatlien

Premium Member
Compressor hot, Freezer Cooling

Jake:

I ordered those parts. Compressor started right up, freezer getting cold, fridge so-so... I had the back off for the past two hours and the compressor is really hot. Condenser wasn't that hot. pipe running to it was, pipe coming out wasn't. Fan is currently sucking air and I read on here elsewhere to put the back piece back on.

Will the compressor run hot until the freezer and fridge are at temp? Hopefully so because I don't want to have to buy another relay.

side note 1: I think my relay blew because there was a lot of dust on there. I did my best to get most of it off.

side note 2: it took me a good two hours with a dremel tool to reform one of the prongs. I left it a little large so I had good contact between the terminal and the prong.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job, yes clogged condenser's are the main cause of this issue.

I recommend blowing them out with an air compressor, messy, but clean as a whistle.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.