Removing base to access pump...bosch dishwasher

Hoss

Premium Member
I have a Bosch dishwasher SHU43C model. I assume most of them are similar in assembly/disassembly. How do you remove the bottom in order to get to the pump/motor? I have a buzzing sound coming directly from the pump(I can feel it with my hand). I'm thinking something is clogged in there, so I'd like to clean it out. From the looks of it, the pump looks like one solid piece that can't be taken apart. Or can it? I can't figure out how to remove the bottom white plastic base to get better access. I removed the base from the back of the unit, but in the front, there is a pulley and string mechanism that won't let me pull the front of the base away more than an inch or two. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
G'day,

*If* you really want to remove the base.....the d/w is disconnected, removed from the cabinet and flipped over ( yupper, upside down! ) to remove the base.

I have a buzzing sound coming directly from the pump
Wash or drain pump?

jeff.

Hoss

Premium Member
The noise comes directly from the white plastic "bowl" shaped unit you can see at the bottom if you look inside the dishwasher. It kind of looks like a bowl underneath the dishwasher, the hoses come in and out of it, so I just assumed it was the pump. Is it possible to remove/service the pump without taking the base off? For something that seems simple like unclogging a pump, Bosch sure makes it difficult!

Whether it's the wash or drain pump, that I'm not sure about. Where the water drains out of the dishwasher directly into that bowl shaped pump unit, that's what is making the buzz noise. I just can't figure out how to take it out to unclog it if possible.

Also, are Bosch pumps sealed units? It kind of looks that way, but I'm no expert. In that case, I guess there's nothing I can do:(

jeff1

Staff member

Hoss

Premium Member
Thx for the schematic:) Do I still need to flip upside down the dishwasher to get at the pump or is there an easier way? Thx again:)

jeff1

Staff member
*Usually* the drain can be removed without taking off the base, the wash one is bigger and normally need to yes.

jeff.