Repair or Replace

ayim

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
We replaced the water heater in 2004.
3 weeks ago the hot water stopped working, we noticed that the breaker was tripped off... My mom called someone who ended up changing something in the breaker... Water came back on for a day then turned off again. This time I called a plumber to check out the water heater... He ended up changing the upper and lower elements. Paid $95 and the hot water started working again but noticeably not as hot as it used to be. 2 days later same plumber came back out and adjusted the temperature. Ok we'll settle with it. Sunday night we notice again hot water is not coming out. I checked Monday and the breaker has tripped once again, every time I try to turn it on it just shuts back off... Should I even bother having an electrician come and look at it or just purchase a new water heater.
Need advice because the weather is cold and rainy and cold showers are not pleasant..

Thanks in advance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its best to just go ahead and replace the water heater. Sounds like you have a short inside of it and that will cause the breaker to kick off all the time.

10-11 years is about the norm anyways of its life.

Jake