• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Repeated Control Board Failure - Maytag Dishwasher MDB6769AWS3

JNorman

Premium Member
Update on this after calling Maytag and getting a service tech out here.

So the service tech couldn’t specifically point to any root cause. He checked voltages going to the control panel and thinks the control panel needs to be replaced (since some of the pins were giving 5V like they’re supposed to).

He agreed that’s probably not the root cause of the issue though, based on the fact that the control panel works fine as soon as the control board is replaced. His best guess is that the wash motor is going bad and drawing too much current. But in his experience, usually the thermal fuse burns and opens up, which mine hasn’t. The second most common culprit is the heating element. Its worth mentioning that both the heating element and the motor have continuity, so neither one has actually bit the dust.

Outside of the service visit charge, I’m looking at $450-500 to replace the main control board and the wash motor, plus another $200 if I replace the control panel like the tech is telling me to.

So without any definitive root cause and a possible repair bill of $650-700 on an 11 year old dishwasher, I’ll be heading to the store next week too buy a new unit.

Let me know what you think. I’d love to know if someone has a better solution

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So without any definitive root cause and a possible repair bill of $650-700 on an 11 year old dishwasher, I’ll be heading to the store next week too buy a new unit.
That would be the best route to take at this point is a new dishwasher.

Jake