• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Replaced Condenser fan, still not running, Questions on motherboard voltages

dsmith123

Premium Member
Model Number
PDS22SISBLSS
Brand
GE
Bottom Freezer, freezer was not cold, side panels by front sliding door were hot, condenser fan was not running. Checked voltages on mother board, one was about 13.6, good. I had read that the other one to check could be 12, 8 or 4 depending on model and if you had something that was variable, it would be 4. The motherboard read 2.37.

I made an assumption that it was low because of something variable so I ordered and replaced the condenser fan motor. Freezer is sitting at 4 degrees (down from 8) but the fan has never come on. The side panels are not hot.

I rechecked the mother board voltages, still the same, 13.7 and 2.37.

Should I replace the mother board? Anything else it could be? Thermistor?

dsmith123

Premium Member
I should have been more specific on the voltage measurements.

On J2, measuring from 3 (white) to 8 (red on right end of connector) Supply Voltage = 13.7. Should be 12-14, so ok

On J2, measuring from 3 (white) to 5 (red on mine), Called Condenser fan voltage test = 2.37 Should be 12, 8 or 4 (and 4 is only if you have a variable speed compressor)

So..... I think I am answering my own question. The voltage on pin 5 is too low.

Anyone have suggestions for further tests, or should I just order a motherboard, while of course hoping that the new fan is good. And not goi

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So..... I think I am answering my own question. The voltage on pin 5 is too low.
Yup, your exactly right!

New motherboard time.:)

Here's the motherboard for your model you can order:
WR55X10942P Control Board

Watch this video to access/replace the motherboard:

[video=youtube;sEGi8hwBv4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEGi8hwBv4M[/video]

Jake