• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Replacing the Oven Bulb

douglas71

Model Number
Brand
I realize the microwave is a DINOSAUR but I'm wondering if anyone might be able to tell me how to replace the oven bulb in a Litton-Aire Generation II microwave, model 8074.004. I know it sounds impossible...but other than the oven light having just burned out, the stupid thing works perfectly. The lightbulb is behind the side wall and there doesn't seem to be any way in there through the oven or the side control panel. It is an over-the-range model, any direction would be helpful!

Thanks,
Susan

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Sorry to say that I have not changed one on this style before but from the parts breakdown there appears to be a slide cover to remove to access the bulb....kinda -looks like- it may be attached to the bottom, #49, 50 and 51.

Lamp bulb

jeff.