• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RF110AXSQ0 Whirlpool Electric Range not working at all

Ocinorbtna

Premium Member
Model Number
RF110AXSQ0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi,

The range above stopped working all at the same time. The surface elements and the oven do not heat anymore.

I can turn the surface elements knobs and it says it’s heating, but no heat on any of the burners.

The oven also has no heat and the oven knob just clicks when I turn it on.

I would like to try and fix this myself but I’m having a hard time finding the exact part that could be faulty. I don’t want to be buying and replacing things that might be working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ocinorbtna

Premium Member
Thanks for the diagram.

After removing the back panel and looking around, the only thing I could see is that the blue wire (pictured) possibly caused a short since there is some residue on the insulation. This wire is coming from the oven knob that just clicks when I turn it on.

So if I got a new oven knob power supply, would fix the issue with the oven and surface element heating up? Or would the surface element be another problem?

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck for the wiring diagram!

So that blue wire was loose like that when you removed the back panel?

It looks like it didn't short out on the metal or you'd see the wire terminal on it burnt.

Make sure the range is unplugged, then put that blue wire back on that element terminal(MAKE SURE ITS TIGHT) and plug your range in and see if everything works, if not, go out to your home breaker box then reset the breaker to the range and see if it all works again.

Jake