FIXED RF23HCEDBSR Ice bucket won't go back in. Please help!

joshbosh111

Model Number
RF23HCEDBSR
Brand
Samsung
I'm going nuts here and any help is greatly appreciated. I removed my ice bucket to clear a bunch of jammed ice out and now I can't get the ice bucket to go back in. I've tried every possible angle I can to try to get it to line up in the back with the parts inside the ice maker compartment and it just seems to be meeting resistance a couple inches shy of flush. I've included pictures of the back of my bucket and the inside of the compartment. I'm sure I'm doing something really stupid here but I've tried for like any hour and can't figure it out. ice 2.jpgice.jpg20180409_201607.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

....and yes I've tried rotating the spinning lever on the back of the ice bucket to make sure it's not hitting up against the mechanism on the back.

Marcel86

I had this same problem. I loosened the two screws that hold the plastic piece above the ice tray and inserted a shim to hold the piece down closer towards the bottom of the tray. Seemed it was getting caught on some of the fridge internals above the tray. Maybe they have dropped a little bit. Hope that helps.

Marcel86

This is happening to me 😩

How did you fix?
Have you read the replies?
Mine was the only one that mentioned the two screws to remove as a piece on the fridge had hung down a bit too far. Try removing it completely first to see if that’s the issue, if it is, then you can work out shimming it or shaving it down etc

Nicky1272

Yes I did read the replies and none worked however we just fixed it reading to put your hand inside the ice bucket and turn the silver coil a little and keep trying as its not lining up with the back and it worked : )

Thanks for getting back to me

skegley222

I've tried all these things... having the same issue. I'm not sure what piece you're referring to.

I placed a GoPro in the ice bucket and in the back. I'm still very confused. I thought it might be hitting the bottom of the ice maker or the plastic rod that sticks out, but it doesn't look like either of those things. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

Joe204

I had this same problem. I loosened the two screws that hold the plastic piece above the ice tray and inserted a shim to hold the piece down closer towards the bottom of the tray. Seemed it was getting caught on some of the fridge internals above the tray. Maybe they have dropped a little bit. Hope that helps.
Marcel, stood on a stool and was able to see what you were referring to. Loosen the he screws and the tray went in easily, Thanks for the tip