• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED RF23HCEDBSR Samsung fridge intermittently freezing food

gnicole

Premium Member
Model Number
RF23HCEDBSR
Brand
Samsung
Hi there,

Over the past month our Samsung fridge has, more often than not, been below 0 degrees celsius. The display never changes - it always says it is 4 degrees, or now 7 as I did try setting it higher, but the fridge temperature ranges between -8 celsius and 2 celsius. We have power rebooted, which after the second time when we left the fridge off for 10+ hours, did improve things for a week. We have had the main control board changed as well.

The freezer functions fine.

Model #:RF23HCEDBSR/AA.

I cleaned the back of the fridge, and I pushed the energy saver and lighting buttons at the same time and held them but no error messages came up when I let go.
Our repair guy was at a loss and didn't know what else to do. He tested something on the control board (some temperature thing, which he said was functioning fine.) I'm just stressing about whether we this is worth continuing to try fixing? Any advice would be most greatly appreciated. I've read things online about temperature control thermostats, air damper controls, thermistors...
thanks for reading

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

gnicole

Premium Member
sensor change

Jake,
I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond. My husband and I changed the part and I am cautiously optimistic that it will work.
Again, thank you for going out of your way to help me. I really appreciate it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help gnicole.:)

Hopefully that will fix it for you!

Jake