• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RF263BEAEBC/A Samsung fridge freezing food

Drew.Johnson

Premium Member
Model Number
RF263BEAEBC/A
Brand
Samsung
Mcwipenshiner had a post going Nov. 2 2017 that I’m going through right now.
Checked everything noted in his thread. Even the shorted wire. The fridge keeps getting too cold. Down to 30 degrees F regardless of the actual setting. The display also displays the set point but not the actual temperature. As you can see in the photo I have a thermocouple right next to where the temperature thermistor is. There are no error codes.

278E296A-8906-46CA-98CE-624E0A018D8A.jpeg

Drew.Johnson

Premium Member
image.jpg

Thanks. This is the one from the fridge section (where the problem is) at room temperature 65-66 degrees.

Drew.Johnson

Premium Member
The freezer controls and displays the correct temperature. Do I still need to check the freezer thermistor? Not sure if you could tell by the model number this is a “Duel Cool” model if that matters.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
That's the correct resistance at room temperature. I have seen Samsung thermistors check good at room temperature but go out of range as the temperature goes down. You have 38°F so it should have about 11,500Ω. If you have a pantry thermistor you need to check that also.
There are no error codes.
Did you run the service diagnostics to determine that?

Drew.Johnson

Premium Member
Thanks. I’ll do a full span calibration check on it. Or as low as i can go. Not sure if it will fit in the dry well calibrator at work. Might just get 32F with ice water.

rickgburton

Staff member
... if you hold down the top to buttons on the display it will flash a code...
That's incorrect. Press the Pwr Freeze and Pwr Cool buttons simultaneously for 8-12 seconds until the display quits blinking. Release the buttons and read Fault Codes. The machine uses the individual segments of 88 88 to indicate an error code. Here's a few examples:
ERRORS.jpg

Drew.Johnson

Premium Member
I did the Pwr Freeze and Pwr Cool to check the codes. After the display quit blinking I released and the display went back to normal (the ice type/water icon appeared). I assume that means there are no errors?
When I hold down the top left and top right buttons for 8sec the display flashes, then stops. I release the buttons and there is a "beep" the display goes completely blank for 30sec or so. Then another "beep" and the ice type/water icon reappears.
The fridge thermistor was 5.7 degrees F at 25,460ohms and 48.7 degrees at 9,360ohms

rickgburton

Staff member
Looks like the thermistors test good and no error codes. How far off is the temperature from the set point?

Drew.Johnson

Premium Member
The temperature would settle in at 30 degrees regardless of set point. After the thermistor tested good, no shorted wires, no error codes, and nothing else going wrong I put in another control board (I got an old fridge from a co-worker remodeling his kitchen). That was two days ago and the fridge and freezer have been holding set point perfectly.

rickgburton

Staff member