RF263BEAESG Samsung Fridge freezing food, display shows 80

Hering_sa

Premium Member
Model Number
RF263BEAESG
Brand
Samsung
My refrigerator is freezing my food and the temperature display shows 80. I have replaced the temperature sensor but no change. I do not have any error codes displaying.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Hering_sa

Premium Member
Checking back in to see if there are any other suggestions as the new board did not change the temperature control display. The fridge side is still dropping into the 30s but the door display shows 80. Freezer side works and displays properly.

rickgburton

Staff member
Check the wires between the thermistor and the board for continuity. The board uses the information from the thermistors to tell the compressor when to stop and start. If the new board thinks it's 80° It's either not reading the thermistor correctly or the new thermistor is bad. Measure the resistance of the thermistor at the board.

Hering_sa

Premium Member
Need help determining what board connection to test. Can you indicate which harness to test? I tested the thermistor and it is working properly.

rickgburton

Staff member
CN30 is the thermistor connector for similar models. See if you can locate your tech sheet and wiring diagram. It's probably under one of the hinge covers.