• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RF267AABP Samsung Refrigerator - No ice

Rick Raible

Premium Member
Model Number
RF267AABP
Brand
Samsung
I have a Samsung French door fridge model #RF267AABP. Problem was slow ice and now NO ICE. I have replaced the ice maker unit, PCB board and water valve. Still no ice. Finally dawned on me that the ice house was 53 degrees! Undersdtand that a fan might be the issue. Where is the suspect fan located?? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Click on the fan motor part link I posted above and you will see a video of how to access it.

Jake

Rick Raible

Premium Member
Thanks again. Not to sound too hard headed, I think I understand that there are TWO fans behind the cover in the lower freezer. The one on the left side (looking from the front) is the fan that supplies cold air to the ice house. Based on everything else I have changed, sure sounds like it is the problem and I need to replace. Agree??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

I can't really tell where the ice room fan is in the refrigerator section.

Here's the parts diagram for the refrigerator section:
(click to enlarge)
50040373-00002.png

I will need to ask the other techs that have worked on this model before.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick, does the ice room fan run from the freezer left side up to the ice room in the refrigerator section?

Jake

Rick Raible

Premium Member
Although "I believe" it is, I can't confirm until it is removed. And I don't want to do that until I purchase the fan which (hopefully) is the culprit. Thanks

Rick Raible

Premium Member
There are indeed two fans behind the lower freezer panel. I replaced both with correct Samsung numbered replacements. I have now: replaced the main board, water valve, ice maker and evaporator fans and STILL NO ICE! Did find that the evaporator was totally frozen over? Defrosted, installed new fans and STILL NOTHING! Freezer continues to work OK but ice house at 49 degrees. BAFFLED!! What more to do???

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
49 degrees is way to warm to make ice. Sounds like you may have a ice blockage in the tunnel up to the ice room from the freezer.

What's the temperature inside the freezer right now?

Jake

Rick Raible

Premium Member
Freezer at -2 degrees F working OK. I checked to see if the fans were running. THEY ARE NOT! Remember that I had replaced the main board early on so I'm "guessing" that it is not suspect? What would cause fans not to operate?/ Fuse??? Thanks again for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't have the tech. data sheet for this model, but volt test at the fan motors and see what volts you get.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The spring clip on the fan blade? Never. I've seen them come off and the fan still worked. You can feel the motor run if it's working.