• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED RF267AABP/XAA Samsung French Door Refrigerator - No Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkaskel

Premium Member
Model Number
RF267AABP/XAA
Brand
Samsung
Hi Everyone,
I have a Samsung French Door refrigerator (model RF267AABP/XAA) that has quit making ice. The refrigerator is 12 years old and has performed well to this point. I have read through some of the posts and have the following information:
- I have defrosted the entire refrigerator for 10 hours, cleaned the fridge, freezer and ice box.
- Cleaned the coils with a vacuum and compressed air.
- Cleaned the physical ice maker.
- Re-assembled the fridge and ice maker.
- The ice maker box is at 8-9 degrees
- The freezer is at -2
- The fridge is at 36 (all tested with a Fluke 62 digital thermometer)

I waited 24 hours and the ice maker did not begin working. I pressed the reset button on the ice maker and it did not beep or provide any noticeable change. The ice maker did however produce 1 ice cub in the next 24 hours. It did not produce any more ice. I pressed the reset button again and the ice maker made 6 ice cubes.

Any thoughts as to what my next step should be? It is in great shape and would love to keep it in use.

Thanks as always!!!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Very common issue with that model. Here's the part you need:

lkaskel

Premium Member
Hi Rick,
Well, the part came in and we are making ice. YAY!!!! It took about 3 hours before it dropped the 1st load of cubes. I think it was due to the temp in the ice maker compartment needing to drop to below 10 degrees. There was a sticker on it that said it will not make ice until it is below 10. I had it opened for about 5 minutes as I had a terrible time getting the plug on the ice maker connected. Even though it was the same there was something a little off. I could take the original ice maker and it plugged in instantly. It had a devil of a time getting it in but with a little finagling it finally went.

I will say this. I, like many folks, work with the belief that I can fix most things. That even includes the ice maker. I took it apart and there is not much going on in it. All parts worked including the motor that spins the tabs to push the cubs out. The only thing I can figure out is either a sensor went bad or the heater that loosens the cubs so they can be push out was not working. It was really great to have Rick end my frustration with some experience and willingness to share it. I am back in business and that's not too bad for a 12 year old fridge that has worked flawlessly until the ice maker quit.

Thanks again Rick!!!

BTW, I love Utah!!! What a great place to see some beautiful sights....

Status
Not open for further replies.