• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RF268ACPN/XAA Samsung fridge is holding at around 54, freezer not cooling at all

Model Number
RF268ACPN/XAA
Brand
Samsung
my Samsung french door fridge not cooling well at all. I pulled it out and cleaned the coils. the fridge is holding at around 54 freezers not cooling at all. now if i understand this right its showing a 88 89 or 88 88 so that means the ice machine is not working correctly? which is a r1e per codes now the red light does not blink, so how is it the ice machine is keeping the thing from freezing or cooling so please help!!!!!! ive very handy so i can preform work myself if dont need special tools which is better than buying whole new fridge

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
now if i understand this right its showing a 88 89 or 88 88 so that means the ice machine is not working correctly? which is a r1e per codes now the red light does not blink, so how is it the ice machine is keeping the thing from freezing or cooling so please help!!!!!!
Those ice maker error codes mean the ice maker can't work if the freezer is not freezing, you see what I mean?

Is the compressor and condenser fan motor, next to the compressor, running too?

You can put your hand on top of the compressor and see if its warm and vibrating.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.