• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RF28HDEDBSR/AA Samsung Refrigerator - frost buildup in icemaker every few months

jwciv

Premium Member
Model Number
RF28HDEDBSR/A
Brand
Samsung
Hi All -

Samsung RF28HDEDBSR/AA refrigerator, purchased in the fall of 2015 from Sears. I've had the issue of frost buildup in the ice maker for the last couple years, have to put it in the manual Fd for about 20 minutes and the buildup can be easily picked off, then it works fine for a few months. I have closed up the gap with silicone but it's still happening.
Reading the threads here, looks like the Y-clip and silicone gasket sold under Samsung part number DA82-02367A fixes the issue for this brand, I'm just not sure if it's compatible with my model.
I really don't want to have to replace the entire ice maker, can anyone tell me if DA82-02367A is compatible with RF28HDEDBSR/AA?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the Y-clip is compatible with your model. I located the service bulletin on this problem. I'm attaching it below.

It also do say to REPLACE THE ICE MAKER IN ALL CASES.:)

Updated Ice Maker DA97-15217D:

DA81-05595A EPOXY;3140 Rtv

DA82-02367A Assy-Y CLIP;RF9000K,Y-Clip

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Attachments

• ASC20170602002 Samsung Refrigerator Latest service bulletin.pdf
    995.5 KB · Views: 199

jwciv

Premium Member
Thank you very much. I have all the parts on order and will hopefully get to it next week.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes keep us posted.

Jake

jwciv

Premium Member
Have everything installed and am still seeing ice buildup after ~2 months. I will admit, I bought the icemaker on ebay and am now wondering if it was actually an older unit. It does have the correct part number on a sticker, DA97-15217D. Is there anything specific I can look at to see if this is indeed a DA97-15217D?
Here's a picture of the sticker from the ebay listing: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/xJ0AAOSwa8Jfmvjg/s-l1600.jpg

thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Send that ice maker back to ebay for a full refund and order it from my link to it above and it will fix it permanently.

The official OEM sticker should look like this:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake