• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RF28HFEDBSR/AA - Does Samsung French Door Refrigerators have a Defrost Timer?

msheald

Premium Member
Model Number
RF28HFEDBSR/AA
Brand
Samsung
Hello! My Samsung refrigerator model RF28HFEDBSR/AA gets ice buildup high up behind the refrigerator plate that hits the fan as it builds up. I've defrosted it several times and it solves the problem, but comes back. The refrigerator came with the house that we bought one year ago

I've checked the defrost heater and defrost temp probe and they are fine. Additionally, the heater gets power when I place the refrigerator into forced defrost mode.

I've ordered a secondary heater strip for the area. However, if the automatic defrost cycle does not work, the secondary heater strip won't be activated. So, I want to make sure the defrost heater is being turned on by the automatic defrost system.

I'm not sure if my Samsung model has a defrost timer that controls the defrost cycle or if the cycle is controlled from a computer board. I would appreciate guidance. Best regards.

Mike

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

msheald

Premium Member
Thank you for your reply. Sorry about the model number. It is RF28HFEDBSR/AA. Best regards.

Mike

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
RF28HFEDBSR/AA

I found RF28HFEDBSR/AA0001, RF28HFEDBSR/AA0002, RF28HFEDBSR/AA0003, RF28HFEDBSR/AA0004, RF28HFEDBSR/AA0005, RF28HFEDBSR/AA0006, RF28HFEDBSR/AA0007, RF28HFEDBSR/AA0008, RF28HFEDBSR/AA0009, RF28HFEDBSR/AA0010, RF28HFEDBSR/AA0011 and RF28HFEDBSR/AA0022.

...but none use a defrost timer :)

jeff sr.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.