• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RF28HFEDBSR Samsung Refrigerator not cooling

Zakrya

Premium Member
Model Number
RF28HFEDBSR
Brand
Samsung
I have a Samsung RF28HFEDBSR ( 2015) that stopped cooling.

The unit itself will power up, the condenser fan and the compressor are running. I put a magnet on the right door while the left door is closed and I can hear the evaporator fan running and blowing air ( not very cold).
I run the self-diagnostic ( hold freezer+fridge keys for 8 seconds), no error code.
Next, I open the back panels, vacuum the condenser coils ( not dirty) and I have a solid ( not blinking) red light.
I cycled the temperature settings but after 3hours of running, from 63F and 71F the temperatures dropped to 59F and 61F but the inside is still warm particularly the freezer compartment. The outside body ( freezer and fridge doors) is relatively cold.
What could be the problem? I would appreciate any input on what I should next.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you see any frost build-up on the back panel inside the freezer?

If not, then your have a sealed system problem. Check your owners manual warranty, lots of these models have up to a 10 year warranty on the compressor.

Jake

Zakrya

Premium Member
Thanks Jake,
There is no frost build-up on the back panel inside the freezer.
I bought the fridge second-hand in 2018 from someone moving out of the province. Could I still contact samsung ? Is there anything I could do to confirm the sealed system problem before calling . Up to date we didn't have problem with the fridge.
I just checked with samsung chat support and the warranty for compressor ( part only) is 10 years.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if the warranty is transferable, contact Samsung and see.

Jake