FIXED RF28HFEDTSR/AA - Temp on screen says 80 degrees and freezing fresh food

Emisa

Premium Member
Model Number
RF28HFEDTSR
Brand
Samsung
I have a Samsung RF28HFEDTSR/AA. The display shows 80 degrees when it comes on for fresh, and displays accurately for freezer side. I replaced the sensor that is located behind the back panel of refrigerator section. (this was the part I used: DA32-10104N SENSOR TEMP ) That did not resolve the problem. We have freezing items in the fresh area, the temperature readings are normal and at the temp that we set them for. I checked the temps with an exterior source thermometer and the fridge display readings when displaying for setting were accurate. There was an icy water slick under the wide deli drawer on the bottom of the fresh area. That drawer also gets water in it. When we took that back panel off we had to defrost it before it would release, there was some ice behind there but it was not totally solid. I suspected that the drain line froze up so I unplugged it and defrosted for about 12 hours. Upon restart, 80 degrees is still displaying and it kicked up error code 2E. Which I believe may be the Freezer sensor, but not at all sure what that means. I looked at the sensor located on the freezer ceiling and the cover is on and has not been loosened or knocked open. I did not attempt to remove that cover. Everything that I saw online pointed me to replacing the one sensor and that did nothing. Any thoughts on this please? Thank you

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'll look for the tech sheet. In the meantime read this:

Emisa

Premium Member
Thank you for your help. I called a local technician here to come out to diagnose it. He replaced the evaporator fan motor and part of the drain assembly from the rear of the unit because it was not draining properly. Display is now reading the correct temperature.

Emisa

Premium Member
Actually, it was not completely fixed after all. The fridge no longer says 80 degrees and displays the right temp and it is leaking less water to the bottom of fridge area under deli drawer. But unfortunately, it is still freezing food in the fresh area. So the technician successfully cleared the drain line and replaced the evaporator fan which helped but it is not completely resolved. The tech did not check any sensors and my fridge still gives the 2E error code. Which I looked up and seems to reflect a freezer sensor problem. Any thoughts? The refrigerator was quite expensive and only four years old. Frustrating.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Samsung refrigerators have lots of problems and several class action suits against them so it doesn't surprise me. I haven't been able to locate the tech sheet for that machine. Here's the temperature resistance chart for the sensors. If you think there's a problem with the freezer sensor measure the resistance of the sensor.
2-Samsung Thermistor.jpeg