RF28K9070SR Freezer freezing fine but displays the wrong temperature

daefash

Premium Member
Model Number
RF28K9070SR
Brand
Samsung
RF28K9070SR is 2.75 year old Freezer freezing fine but displays the wrong temperature. The temperature inside the freezer read -2F which is close to what i have it set. The display show 40F. After disconnecting the power for 5 minutes it reads the right temperature then it slowly start creeping up showing the wrong reading. and the freezer light don't work anymore, It light works fine in the flexzone

Last edited:

daefash

Premium Member
I replaced the Temp sensor thinking it was the problem and it didn't solve the problem

daefash

Premium Member
Every time i disconnect the power the light works then stops working shortly after. Now it is not cooling and the fan is not running in the freezer compartment. the temp sensor reading correct temperature now 50F :'/

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower back access panel and feel the compressor and see if its warm/hot and running, also make sure the condenser fan motor that mounts next to it is running too.

While you have it out from the wall, unplug it, then remove the control board cover on the back of your refrigerator and then remove the control board and look on both sides of the control board and see if you notice any burnt spots on it. If so, you found the problem.

Here's the control board for your model:
Control Board DA92-00486A

Jake

daefash

Premium Member
Compressor is warm at 115F, Compressor fan is not running, The control board looks normal with no burnt spot. The Fridge and the flex zone are fine. Now the freezer is cooling at 4-5F but the temperature on display 40-50F. Every time i recycle power the freezer light would work once then stops working

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I haven't run into this problem before, hopefully another tech. that has can shed some light on it for us since your control board looked good.

Jake