FIXED RF30HBEDBSR Flexzone Control won't change

HigginsBane

Premium Member
Update: I inspected the cable, everything looked good on that front. Then I pedaled the sticker off the control unit, and tried pressing the button. The button was broken. I was able to short across the button, setting it to the temperature I wanted, and then putting the sticker back on. Thanks for your tips guys!

cosmicman

I was able to stick it back in place, it comes with a sticky gooey substance that sticks again. Or you could use some type of white Elmer's glue around the edges I guess, but I had no problem sticking back in place several times without a problem.
I still have the old panel control unit in working conditions because it was nothing wrong with the control panel and I had bought a new one. The wire harness was cut completely so I had to buy it and replece it.

I could send you the old used panel unit by mail if you need it, it's old/used but still works (I know I have it somewhere in the garage, if I can find it) let me know.

But I bet you is nothing wrong with your panel control buttons; it's the wire harness cable that's broken instead because is being chewed on by the railing mechanism every time you pull open the flex drawer and not communicating properly with the panel buttons.
Hello - I have the exact same problem with my Samsung. The wire harness is broken due to the moving mechanism. I got a new harness but I am unable to install it. I the big wire needs to go right inside a narrow passage and attaches to a socket towards the right front side of the flexzone drawer. I needed to pop out a small white plastic to expose the harness joint. Please see the pictures. Question is - how do I get the harness into the narrow passage where the old broken wire was secure? I had to pull it out. Or if I need to remove the whole flexzone with the moving rail mechanism to install the harness how do I do it? I tried but cannot get past removing a few parts that are very obvious to the eye. Thanks!!

Attachments

Rolando Rosa

Premium Member
From what I remember I had to remove/disassemble the flex drawer and railing mechanism to install the new harness. I suggest you take pics before and during your work so you remember how to put the Lego back together. Good luck.