• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RF30HDEDTSR Samsung Refrigerator noise

MAFreeze

Premium Member
Model Number
RF30HDEDTSR
Brand
Samsung
Wondering if anybody might be able to offer thoughts on a noise that's been emanating from my Samsung RF30HDEDTSR refrigerator fairly regularly, but has recently intensified. The appliance is five years old. The sound stops when the refrigerator door is opened. After I open the door, I can hear the noise for a short time from the interior of the unit as, whatever it is, slows to a halt. It appears to come from the rear/back panel. I don't believe it is icemaker-related, though I've certainly had my share of issues with that part as well. From poking around these forums I'm wondering if a fan motor might be the culprit? Any help is appreciated. Video attached--sound up!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, I'd pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower back access panel and see if the condenser fan motor or something hitting that condenser fan blade is causing that noise. Get a flashlight so you can see better back there.:)

Here's the condenser fan motor for your model:
DA97-15765C Assy Support-Circuit Mot

Jake

MAFreeze

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake. Will give it a shot. I remember at time of install the clear opening of the cabinetry was so tight the fridge installers couldn't get the unit in place and left it for me to deal with. I planed down the trim material that was restricting the required clearance and ultimately got it in, but couldn't back it out once I did. I knew this day would come--time to perform some creative carpentry required so I can access that panel!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes that's the only way to get access to the back. Hopefully you will be successful with your creative carpentry to pull it out.

Keep us posted.

Jake