• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RF34H9960S4/AA Water dispenser starts giving water and slowly trickles out

Carpe_Diem

Premium Member
Model Number
RF34H9960S4/A
Brand
Samsung
The water dispenser stopped working, every time you wait a little it seems that it is back to normal and about 5-6 seconds in it gets slower and slower, then it stops, The water pressure is good, they replaced the water valve still the same issue, the filter has been replaced and the dispenser acts the same way with or without filter. The ice maker works as well as the soda maker.

any help please

I did all the troubleshooting steps Samsung recommends and guided me through on the phone

Thank you

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the part you need: DA97-14608A Assy Case FILTER

The best way to find a restriction in the water system is to break it down by components starting at the valve. It's best to have a bucket and a helper handy. Each component has a water line "IN" and a water line "OUT". Each time you disconnect a water line hold it in a bucket and have your helper press the dispenser until you find the restriction.

If the water supply line connects to the water valve, disconnect the water line "IN" on the water filter head. This checks the water valve.

Reconnect the Water line and disconnect the water line "IN" on the water reservoir. This checks the water filter and filter head.

Reconnect the line and disconnect the water line IN on the secondary water valve (primary and secondary valves can be combined in a water valve assembly). This checks the water reservoir.

Reconnect the water line and disconnect the water line from the coupler under the top panel or left door hinge cover. Put a rag on the electrical connections under the hinge cover before you disconnect the line. This checks the secondary part of the water valve. If your water pressure is good to this point the restriction will be in the water line between the hinge connector and dispenser.

Carpe_Diem

Premium Member
I give that a try thank you very much. Are you saying during that test to leave the water supply on , and if the door is open wont the water dispenser not work while the door is open ?

rickgburton

Staff member
Umm...how can you find what is slowing the water flow if you turn the water off? Why would the door be open? Close it when using the dispenser or hold the door switch in.

Carpe_Diem

Premium Member
True and the most of the water pipes are insight the refrigerator so the door needs to be open to check

"If the water supply line connects to the water valve, disconnect the water line "IN" on the water filter head. This checks the water valve.
Reconnect the Water line and disconnect the water line "IN" on the water reservoir. This checks the water filter and filter head.
Reconnect the line and disconnect the water line IN on the secondary water valve (primary and secondary valves can be combined in a water valve assembly). This checks the water reservoir."

I just haven't seen a door switch on the double door , I check again

Thank you so much for your help . I try this weekend and let you know.
you are much appreciated

rickgburton

Staff member
Disconnect the water line from the filter head and pull it back through the machine and hold it in a bucket. I think you'll have a difficult time trying to get a bucket in the ref compartment. When you're done push the line back into the refrigerator compartment and reconnect it. I'm not sure where the water reservoir is located exactly on your model so disconnect the water line IN on the secondary valve. That will check the water filter head and the water reservoir. If that's where the restriction is then you'll need to separate the filter head and water reservoir to determine which one.

Carpe_Diem

Premium Member
all of the reservoirs are in the Assy Case FILTER;H920G,1 you pointed out , there is a total of 2 just like you said.

I give that a shot tomorrow , you are super helpful Thank you again

Thank you

rickgburton

Staff member
I just haven't seen a door switch on the double door.....
There's two, one for each door. They are a reed switch in the top table. Hold a small magnet over the reed switch to simulate the door closed. I'm not a good artist but I'll draw you a picture.
Samsung reed switch.jpg

Carpe_Diem

Premium Member
Rick you are awesome , Thank you
found the door switches and the water dispenser worked with doors open, traced all the pipes to end of the water dispenser, all pipes where clean and pressure was there . Reassembled all the parts , closed the fridge up and the water dispenser was working like a champ, run over a gallon of water with super pressure, then it started all over again :-(. could it be because of the soda dispenser in there as well ?

rickgburton

Staff member
Is the soda dispenser connected to the water?? This time go in the opposite direction. Check the water pressure at the coupler on top and then reconnect it and see if the pressure comes back.